Welcome
Welcome to Vision and Spex, a forum similar to Eyescene

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

latest sightings

<<

val

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: latest sightings

maxijazz33 wrote:Hello,i'm new here, ....(edited)

Hello maxijazz33, you are welcome here to share your sightings about people wearing glasses or any kind of interesting things about vision correction.
But, like Specs4ever already said in here: myopic-woman-t278.html , this is not a dating site.
Sorry about that.

I am Val, the site administrator.

PS: Everybody in here reads all the new postings, so there is no need to post the same thing more than once.
<<

maxijazz33

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 am

Nice to meet you Val,ok sorry, but,just I like nice lady whos wear thick glasses and i would like meet one.Please are you help me :) ?
<<

Melyssa

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 am

Yesterday, my supervisor and I attended a training session here at work (not much relevance, but that's another story). For the first time ever, I saw her wear glasses, just at the session to see the projector. She wore small metal oval frames. Some time ago she had mentioned having glasses for distance, so being about five rows back made it enough distance. Even though she has passed the half-century mark, she has never needed glasses for near work or reading.
<<

Melyssa

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 pm

At the bowling alley -- or the fancy term for it, bowling center -- there was a teenage girl wearing a ski cap (with 82-degree weather outside) while bowling with her friends, fortunately not adjacent to my lanes, and she wore large, red, plastic frames, mainly flat along the tops. They may have been pretty close to the size of the black, Kourtney Kardashian kat's-eyes I had on. Maybe there's hope yet for large plastic frames to make a comeback in my territory.
<<

Melyssa

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:01 pm

On my most recent trip to my favorite optical place, I found out that the manager's prescription is -4.75. The assistant manager was wearing midsize red plastic frames, and the newest member of the group, a woman in her early 20s, who had worn a small purple frame in her strong prescription, had on large black frames, even bigger than the purple-top, clear-bottom cat's-eyes with the faux rhinestones that I wore. Not only that, but another optician is pregnant again, and her glasses seem a bit stronger than the previous time I saw her.

This is the frame I wore there: Image

(And no, I do not wear my hair in that style. LOL)
<<

Melyssa

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:25 pm

The other day, at the doctor's office for my annual checkup and flu shot, the medical assistant I deal with most of the time was wearing dark brown cat'-eyes, similar to these, but smaller:

She said that they were reading glasses, and they did magnify her eyes, but I have never seen her without glasses. At least she put the flu shot in the right place.. :lol:
<<

Melyssa

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 pm

The other day at the supermarket, the young woman who works at the self-service checkout area was wearing new glasses, possibly in a stronger prescription from before, but still less than my fabulous -9.00 RX. They seemed to be Rayban frames, similar in shape to my light blue ones, but hers were a deep royal blue. They looked black from a distance, but closer in the bright lights of the place I could see the true color of her frame. That offset the mint-green eye shadow she wore.
<<

Melyssa

Post Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:41 pm

In my bowling league, there is a 20-something (maybe) young woman who wears glasses about once a month, as she did last week. They are large black Ray-ban types, and her RX is weaker than mine because the glasses curve more (mine are almost flat). When she and her team were done, while my match was still going on, some Indian teens took over two lanes to our left, and while one of the boys wore small plastic rectangular frames, one of the girls also had on large black Ray-bans. I said nothing to any of them, nor did they seem to notice my oversized sky blue top-temples.
<<

Melyssa

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:00 pm

I was having dental work done the other day, and the dental assistant and I were discussing glasses. She liked my red drop-temples. (It's never a bad idea to wear red when visiting a dentist, for obvious reasons. LOL) She wears rimless glasses with progressive lenses. In a rather stunning development, she has used the same frame for about 10 years now, through several prescription changes. I never knew rimless frames could last that long, especially with a strong prescription. She always has had lots of astigmatism, so contacts are out for her too. In spite of the boring frames, she did her job quite well. :)
<<

traumaemt

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Yesterday, I was at my local Walmart, and I seen a woman wearing myodisc with large bowels, I am guessing in the -18 to -20 range. She was a middle age, heavy set lady, with a young kid with her. It is the first time I have ever seen myodisc here in Kansas.
<<

lentifan

Post Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Here in Britain we're in the middle of the school holidays so there are a lot of children about. It seems to me that the number of young children wearing glasses with plus lenses has increased recently - especially girls. Anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?
<<

soundmanpt

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:54 pm

lentifan
It's not your imagination that your seeing more young girls now wearing glasses. Only a few years ago it was reported that about half the population wears some type of corrective lenses. A more recent report now has the number at about 75%. It also found that more women wear glasses or contacts than men. It seems the younger female generation has found that wearing glasses is more than acceptable. The few young girls that aren't yet lucky enough to actually need glasses are able to buy nice looking fake glasses at nearly every boutique. I think that because wearing glasses has become so popular many young girls are more encouraged to go and get their eyes checked more often hoping that they might need glasses. In the past i'm sure many girls knew they probably needed glasses but held out because at the time glasses weren't at all popular.
Previous

Return to Sightings